I may earn a small commission on sales made from links on this page... It enables me to keep bringing you new content!!

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Cheesy Bacon Bombs




  Here’s all ya have to do:
Ingredients
1 can (8 ct.) Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers Biscuits
1 block of mozzarella cheese
1 package of bacon (I suggest thick cut bacon)
Toothpicks or larger wooden skewers
Oil (I used Canola, but you could use vegetable oil as well)

The original recipe for this calls for smaller squares of the cheese, so I changed it up a bit by cutting larger squares and using 1/2 pieces of the raw biscuits instead of 1/4’s.  Regardless, the aim of this is to wrap the cheese block in raw biscuit, then wrap it in a piece of bacon and fry it in 350° oil until all sides are nice and golden brown.  Set on paper towels to drain and cool for a few minutes.

As good as these were, you can easily see how you could let your imagination run wild with this simple recipe.  I’m thinking of adding a piece of jalapeño, maybe mixing up the kind of cheese you use and hit it with a bit of raspberry preserves for a bit of sweetness on the finish.  Try your own and let me know in the comments below what come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment